September 25, 2007

Race in the 21st century

I ain't gonna lie.
I'm probably going to marry a white dude.
Now, don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with this. I've been dating white men for years. It's part of the plight of being born of an upper middle class black family. Not too many other blacks around, you hang with who you hang with and identify with those whom you've grown accustomed. So, upper middle class, or upwardly mobile folks and me get along real well. Regardless of race. It just so happens, a lot of the people who were upwardly mobile when I was growing up, were white.

Now, where am I going with this? Well, every now and again, I'm reminded of how beautiful black men can be. It's primal, it gets me going something fierce, and it's just plain animalistic. I become a panther in my brain and feel the need to pounce. It's an automatic reaction. But then, more often then not, they speak. And it's all over. I'm not into hard core hip-hop, though I like some, and I hate gangsta rap. I have no desire to be someone's bitch or ho, but something in me likes the hard talk. But then I snap out of it. What's a girl to do? So, I continue my search for a freaky white boy. I've found a few. A couple I would've loved to have hung around a little longer, but such is life. Are you out there, freaky white boys? Give a holla...

No comments: