October 19, 2007

Long lost friend found...

I went to Humboldt State.
For many of you out there, that means exactly what you think it means, and you're right...up to a point. I actually didn't become a "real" stoner until I got to CT believe it or not...but I digress.

I did a lot of wonderful singing at Humboldt with Madrigal Choir, Mad River Transit (jazz acapella octet), I had a gig at a hotel, etc. etc. There was one person I recall in particular. Her name is Sheri. She was short, big bushy blond hair, and she latched onto me like a symbiont. I thought it odd at first, and a little off putting, but she became a dear, dear friend. After years of not having any contact with her, I went out on the quest, and found her through her now ex-hubby who was also a friend.

I wasn't sure if she'd remember me, and wrote my first email to her. She wrote back only a few hours later (she's in Texas) and said she had to laugh at my asking if she remembered me. Now this part really just threw me. She said:

"We've had a bunny and now a guinea pig named Juanita because saying your name makes me feel so good!"

...now if that's not a sentence full of warm fuzzies, I don't know what is!!

...so glad I found her!! :)

No comments: