October 17, 2007

Tomorrow, Tomorrow..I audition, tomorrow...

How apropos...
I take a musical line to tell of my musical audition. I'm so clever...but I HATED "Annie"...especially that F-ing song.

Anywho. I audition for Theater Works tomorrow. I'm going to come down with some freaky 24 hour thing, call out of work and concentrate on my music. I have 2 songs that I've prepared, and one of them is the one I auditioned with at open auditions last year. It was nice to be given the option. However, I picked another song which I got from Ruffie (Ruth) our CP pianist. A while ago, she said she wanted to get together to do some music, and she handed me "With every breath I take" from City of Angels. Never heard of it before, but it shows off my very low and upper mid range very nicely. I believe it will be a great audition piece. I actually hung out with her yesterday and she recorded a "karaoke" disc for me so I could practice. Then we actually went through the piece about 5 or 6 times. Each time I sang, I reminded myself. I'm not singing jazz. This is Broadway stuff. Focus! And she is a GREAT coach. She gave me gems of advice that when I put them in action made my tone much more focused, and made the song shine! "Hold onto your notes like you OWN them" she says. Dude. Ruth Rocks. It changed everything. I will get a part in this play. My intention is to sing so well, that they have to choose which part to give me....I like this positive thinking stuff I've been doing lately. It's good stuff, Maynard.

Here's looking toward Broadway....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Auditions for films site provide

you with thousand of latest Auditions on Films, we search all for u, what u do is

just click which one best suit for you.