November 18, 2007

Exactly 1 week ago, I was in Marin with my mother having some gnosh. We were at Marin College and my mother was accepting my father's Congressional Medal of Honor. The San Francisco Chapter of the Tuskegee Airmen held their ceremonies on November 11, 2007 to honor the all Black 322nd company for their service to a country who wouldn't even let them sit at the front of the bus. I hate to say it, but I have a big "It's about time" attitude for this honor. Now that that's over, when my mother was onstage accepting the honor, I wept. Hard.


It was an emotionally draining day.
That's all I have to say about that...

In complete contrast, I had the opportunity to sing here last night:

onstage at Herbst Theater. I have been singing backup for Pasquale Esposito. A Bocelli-like artist who has been gracious enough to have me on this "mini-tour" of the Bay Area. We did the Montgomery in San Jose in early October, Modesto 3 weeks ago, and last night in S.F. There are talks of a larger national tour and I have been tapped for the CD. They want to tap me for the tour as well...During the break after sound check I took one of the other singers to dinner to Citizen Cake which I parked kitty corner from getting to the Theater. I remembered that Mr. Binty had recommended this place and now I know why. If y'all are going to a show in S.F., stop there first. Very nice place...though I looked like a homeless person. I tend to REALLY dress down before a show. Ah well...our waitress and our hostess were very awesome though...A great meal was had by all. I had to pass on the Creme Brulee...dammit...next time, for sure!!

Yeah, still haven't heard from Theater Works...so...there that is.

All in all, things are going very very well.
Now for laundry :)

No comments: