November 20, 2007

The Fight for your Right to be Entertained...

I'm on my way to getting into the big scary world of entertainment. Cliffs will be jumped, abysses (abyss-i) will be leaped, etc. etc. I haven't written a song in a damn long while, but that's beside the point. I just signed the petition for the WGA.

I knew about the strike. I said: "Good for them!" and went about my business. I have now seen at least 10 YouTube vid blogs from the writers themselves this afternoon, (pre-Thanksgiving slump @ work) and am simply appalled. I have heard that it was bad, but I had NO idea exactly how bad. Well, I think y'all should know how bad. They get it worse than new musicians under their big conglomerate companies. And recording artists make shit! I've done my homework on the music side, but if you looked into what the WGA is going through, you couldn't NOT sign up in support. The writers, after all, make the shows what they are. The brilliance of Heroes, The Office, BSG, untold movies, Colbert, Daily Show and others are only brilliant because of the writers. In fact, watch this:
Here's the writers of the "Daily Show" telling you what's what, if you were in withdrawal.



And a great explanation of what's really going on. Almost all of you are in the arts...you can tell me to go violate myself or whatever, but I'm taking a stand. Regardless if I become a mega awesome singer bitch or not (not that I'm not already :) I support the people who give me intelligent entertainment, and even the ones who don't. Because even morons need to laugh.

No comments: