November 29, 2007

Wallet Whoa's!!

So Tuesday morning, I had remembered that I meant to empty my wallet of it's change. So, I took it out of my purse, brought it to my room and started depositing change into the Industrial sized Bombay Sapphire gin bottle that I use to collect coins. Yes, I did have some part in emptying the bottle. Nevertheless, when I was done putting the coins in the bottle, for some reason, I didn't put my wallet back in my purse...so...I went to go get some coffee and breakfast at work that morning...and I didn't have my wallet. I knew exactly where it was and when I didn't see it in my purse, I kinda did one of those 'Scrubs'-like-flashbacks where I pictured my lonely wallet, atop my yarn storage box. Sigh. Since I get coffee often, they gave me what I wanted on an IOU. Thankfully, I brought my lunch. Good enough.

So, Wednesday, with wallet. All good. I did extract my wallet from my purse to purchase another refill on my coffee. Why I didn't just get out a dollar, I'll never know. I keep my purse under my desk, and when I went to put my wallet away, apparently, I kind of just placed it on top of my purse. So, when I grabbed it at the end of the day, the wallet just kind of...you know...popped off. I didn't notice it was missing until I was at the Post Office wanting to know why a package never got delivered...and they couldn't help me without my ID. Great. Yet, again, I had another of those 'Scrubs'-like moments, and knew exactly where it was...I consider myself VERY fortunate, to be able to actually KNOW where my wallet was, but also wonder if such carelessness on my behalf actually means something...perhaps this is an omen...a GOOD omen. I'd like to think it means there will soon be a time where I won't have to worry about my money. Perhaps I'm full of shit. But I doubt it. :)

No comments: