March 16, 2007

All in a Day's whatever...

I'm finally making progress in life, knitting and everything else. It's been a long haul, and even though I have a long ways to go, I'm getting there. Trust. I sing jazz and clasical music and am involved in the study of Voice Over. I work at "a-local-first-rate-medical-teaching-school-institution", I'm knitting several garments, work out, teach voice, sing in church choir and what else...hmmm I'm working on finding out how much money I gotta spend to start swimming now that the weather's nice ($150 to join and $49/mo just to use the pool?? I dunno). I've been a big girl my whole life. Had a period where I lost 100 pounds, and then gained it back in 3 years. Very stressful times, makes you care less about working out. Thankfully, my mind's back in the right place, and walking 3 miles a day helps too. Need just a tad bit more help on the foodstuffs, but have a better handle on that than ever, so as far as I'm concerned, 'sall good.

To find the balance in all that I do is key, and isn't completely easy. I wake up early so I can catch the train to work, and it takes me an hour to get here. So 2 hours on commute time, cuts into your "off work" time, which kinda sucks. Sure, I could look for a job closer to home. Have actually considered it. But at the same time, I'm not really trying to have another desk job. I'm going to make my voice work for me and have lots of gigs and working on voice over opportunities. That's where my heart lies. I will make money with my voice. So. This makes things hard. Lots of risk involved, but totally worth it. Such is the life of an "arts" person.

No comments: