March 22, 2007

Got bit by the bug...

So...
You ever hear of VGL? Well, go to the link and see about it.
I got to sing for VGL in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago.
You talk about f-u-n! I hadn't considered choral music for video games until this performance. They coincided their performance with a Video Game Convention in San Francisco, and Koji Kondo was there (for those of you who don't know, that's the guy who composed all that catchy Mario music), and it was just HAWESOME!! VGL does this differently though. You'd think it was a touring orchestra/choir deal. Apparently, they show up in a venue a month ahead of time, and get musicians from around the area to play. Give them music and a couple of weeks and they perform. We get scale, and go home. But it was THE most fun I've ever had on a gig. I've been thinking about and sitting on my experience for a long time, and have decided, I want in.

I totally want to get into the Video Game Industry (sounds like a bad essay, don't it?). If I wasn't doing this desk job, I'd be a guaranteed gamer. I've been up all hours of the night playing Final Fantasy. I've gotten a full blown migraine because my eyeballs were the only thing that moved playing Need for Speed Underground. I understand the geekiness of it all. And now I want to immerse myself in it's music. I know my chances are pretty ok. It's still young, and I think there's room for a real belty alto like myself. So, I'm making contact. I contacted some folks from that gig and some other people too. A couple of emails, andI have all the contact numbers, emails and web pages.
Right. On.

Very excited. Also, I get to work with Mr. Twix, Rodney Saulsberry doing some voice over stuff.
Dude.
Stoked.

No comments: