March 26, 2007

stuff, things and whatnot...

So, Sunday was spent in Santa Rosa. The Choral Project had their first concert there in at least 5 years. It was very well received and appreciated. The day started with a nice "Alto" affair at one of our Altos homes who commutes from SF to San Jose every week to rehearse (Dog bless her). She prepared a wonderful brunch of fruit, fritatta, banana bread, scones, baked veggies, and real authentic and real Italian espresso (her husband is molto italiano). I think that was what really did it for me. That espresso was exquisite! We all took off after the wonderful brunch and chugged off to Santa Rosa. Took a bit more than an hour, but it was a nice drive, and I carpooled with people I usually don't hang with, so it was a new thing and pretty fun too! We kicked ass, took names, bob's yer uncle.

Looking forward to going home (as I am every day I'm behind a desk). I believe there is booty waiting at my door!
No, not that kind of booty....although, that would be VERY nice.
I believe I'll have at least 1 new toy to play with this evening. This comes at a very opportune time. I have a Monday off for the first time since the beginning of the year! My Mondays are pretty much 16 hour affairs. Not complaining, just a fact.
So, I'm really anxious to get home. I will be lazing about because my allergies have finally kicked in and they're kickin' my sorry ass. Head feels like a lead weight.

So, the day's almost over and out of the 7 people who are supposed to be here at the end of the day, I am the only one left in the last hour. We had 2 people call out sick, one had an even worse problem than a head cold and had to be let go, one took a half day, and the other 2 left early.

I should be working.
.
.
.
Meh.

No comments: