March 19, 2007

Soooooooo....

After all that time I took to recover last week, I wake up on Monday, tired as hell.
Go figure.
I got a lot done this weekend, however.

Saturday was early rising. Actually I slept in, but I would LOVE to sleep in until 10. I woke up at 8. Anyway, I woke up, did a lot of net surfing, and got ready for my 11:30 voice lesson. She's 8 years old. It went fine, but I've reached a point in her teaching that I need to approach it differently. I wonder what I'll do? Hmmm....

Had church band rehearsal which went of smoothly, then met another potential student after that. She's about 22 and going to sing in a wedding for family and wants to be sure she can pull it off. Because she's so eager to get it sung right, she wants to double up on her lessons and have hour lessons...Ok by me. Mo' money, mo' money! She's thinking she'll just quit when she's done, which is fine, but we'll see.

Then, I headed off to mom's. Apparently she had an extra ticket with which to see Chanticleer, so I went with her and my brother. It was a wonderful concert, and they always sing so perfectly. It's almost annoying how well they sing. But it was nice. Concert was preceeded with chinese food. Mmmm.

Sunday was good. Woke up, took a shower, did my har, got ready for church, and really wailed on Sunday morning. Interesting backstory: The church I sing with is in peril. They may be disbanded and they have a "consultant" to help with finances and hopefully get the church back on it's feet (we are currently 'homeless'). Anyway, some of the talk was about letting me go since I'm "hired help". So, I figured, let's let it go since I probably won't be here much longer anyway. Well, after Sunday, let's just say I secured my job! ((tee hee))

After that, I took the afternoon off and went knitting!! See, I was originally supposed to accompany my friend and her mother (I call her MomBoss) to a Rinde Ekert Concert, "Slow Fire" which I had seen before, but at the time (5 months ago) thought it would be fun to see it again. Recent and current "busy-ness" kept this from becoming a fun venture for me, and I ended up backing out at the last minute. I felt bad, but haven't had a lot of good down time, so I took advantage of the opportunity. So, I went to Purlescence and knit my little bootie off! What joy I find in yarn!

After that, JCT had a rehearsal to go over some new tunes, and to solidify some old ones for our 2nd recording session at Fantasy Studios in May to clean up some tunes we recorded in February.
After reherasal, we invariably hang out, drink wine and perhaps have dinner. Last night, I sprung for pizza. Goood Pizza from Pizz'a Chicago. Good stuff, Maynard. I ended my Sunday wtih a trip to the hospital. A friend/knitter/singer has some lower abdominal issues and she's been in the hospital since last Friday. I didn't think I'd get the opportunity to see her, but fortunately, the drummer in JCT knows her as well, and he had called ahead to see if it was OK. So we went. She looks much better than the initial reports where she was sallow, eyes sunken in, the whole bit. She was watching a movie on her portable DVD when we arrived and was quite pink in the cheeks, so thankfully, she's on the mend. Unfortunately, they don't know what it is that happened just yet, but hoping they find an answer soon.

So, all in all, on my Sunday "day off" I was pretty busy. But I loved it.

No comments: